Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Running on Repeat.

My days are perpetual. I follow generally the same schedule every day. I wake up, go to class, eat, go to the studio, go to class again, and then go back to my dorm or go to the gym. And on the weekends, it's not much different. My days are usually spent in the studio and my nights are often consumed with parties. It's not bad, doing that. It's better than what I was doing the beginning of the year when I spent the majority of my time in my dorm. In that sense, it's a lot better. But this is all just getting a little old.

Maybe it's because finals are this week and I'm just really anxious. Maybe all I need is Winter break and when I come back, I'll feel differently. Or maybe, I need to make some changes. My friend, Molly, told me about one of her assignments for her Surface class. Each student had to demonstrate to the class something they were good at. And even though I'm not in her class, I couldn't help but think, like...fuck. What would I have done if that were me? I don't have any special talents that I could show to a bunch of people.

I thought about that a lot.

I thought about knitting....for a second. Then, I realized I probably don't remember how to knit anymore, plus I wasn't too good at it to begin with. I can't play an instrument. I suck at card games and am in no ways, a magician. I could cook? But I'm not really good at that either. I was at a loss.

After really thinking about it, I realized that the only thing I was good at, was art. And it's not like I could show that to the class because, duh...everyone in AFO is good at art, that's why we're all here.

But anyways, with the near year comes the traditional "New Year's Resolution." You know, those things people promise to do but never follow through with. Well, for 2009, I have decided that mine will be to find a hobby, start doing something accountable for. So that if I do get Molly's teacher for Surface, I will have something to show.

Whether or not this will actually work fully depends on what sort of hobby I try and take up. Who knows what'll happen, but I'm definitely going to make an effort.

No comments: