Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holy Shit.

Sometimes I forget how amazing artists are until I really listen to their lyrics and think of the purpose behind the song, and the emotion that goes with it.  Just last night, I remembered about this artist J.Tillman who I used to listen to a lot awhile back. He sort of reminds me of Songs:Ohia. If you're not used to music like his, it might take you awhile to appreciate his sound, but he's worth checking out. I hear now he's apart of the band Fleet Foxes, which is sorta cool. 

Normally, this sort of post would show up in my Interests blog, but I don't feel like posting it there. Anyways, here are the lyrics to the song and I'm posting a link to The Hype Machine where you can listen to it and maybe download it, if you would like. 

At night I have dreams of how it will be
People look the same and say what they mean
*whistling*
In the back of my mind I know nothing will change
Wish that kept me from going but I go on the same
*whistling*
Oh, does anyone honestly love more than their own voice?
It's taken me all my waking days to see how easy men forget their steps
*clears throat*
Well I'd rather be poor failed and undone
Than to live for the words of golden tongues
*whistling*
Oh, does anyone honestly love more than their own voice?
It's taken me all my waking days to see how easy men forget their steps. 

Music as good as this hurts a little bit more each time you listen to it. 

No comments: